Wednesday 21 January 2009

So far...

So this year took off with a running start, I haven't been able to get time away to blog before now so first of all I want to wish you a Happy New Year (when is it the right time to stop saying this?) I hope you all had fun over the holiday season.

Congratulations to all whose birthday fall in January... you know yourselves /*I'm mad cheering for all of yous*/. Hope your day turned out great. Sorry to read about your melted Ice cream cake Vera... not to worry though you can always celebrate again, it's a girl's prerogative!


So yesterday... what was it like? I was so excited and stayed up all day (and night) to catch all the goings on in the United States. The quiet dignity and calmness of the Obama family and his entourage was evident and I prayed and cried at the same time that God should be with him and guide his decisions for the best outcome as he presides over the country. Oye Amori o! Ara atu awon arailu! Amin.

Today marks a new beginning and the dawn of new hope not only for Americans but for everyone believing God for something. If God can raise someone who was relatively unknown in the last 5 years and today holds the most powerful position in the world then it's not too late for Him to do yours. All God requires from you is faith unwavering and never miss the opportunity to assist your neighbour, service goes a long way... never forget.

My brothers will be having their graduation ceremony tomorrow in Lagos and I hope it all goes well for them it's a shame I'm away 'cause girl needs a party but in good time we'll have another chance to celebrate.


We had snow yesterday for the 1st time since winter began and it was wonderful as the whole place was covered in a soft blanket of white fluff. The journey home was treacherous but it was a pleasant scene. The only downside is that it's all melting away now and it freeeeeeeeeezing cold. Ugh!




This past weekend I was bored and at the last minute decided to go window shopping. I passed by this shop called Sage & Stone, it stocks some really cool stuff for Home & Garden. They have all sorts of quirky items you wouldn't find in a regular department store. I saw this plaque with inscription 'I've got PMS and a loaded gun...ANY questions?' and I wondered how many women would actually buy that sign and hang it on their wall?

I went round a few of the shops and have started compiling my fashion wishlist for this year but I couldn't get my mind off these shoes so I went back to get them as a treat for myself - You only live once ojare! I've been so good and didn't go shopping during the sales and besides a girl can never have too many pairs of shoes.

For something totally unrelated... I've seen a few pictures of this Mercy Johnson chick floating around... I think she's a beautiful talented actress with alot of promise but she never looks quite put together anytime she's been papped.

What's her style inspiration and if there's someone managing her career they should please invest in a stylist cause she hasn't got a clue if you ask me...(I know, I know someone's saying bi...atch!) According to the words of 9ice "Talent dey waste".

Be good people!

No comments: